This list is in progress:
I support President Obama's Winning the Future initiative.
I would advance creation of a federal reconstruction administration that would do the job Wall Street and big banks refuse to: make low interest loans to cash strapped small businesses with the urgency our economic conditions require. At the same time, reform Wall Street to end casino betting on our failure.
Address Gulf War Syndrome, and challenge the denial of causes of these veterans and their families to access proper medical care and veteran benefits. Modernize the VA ratings system. Increase educational/job search support to veteran spouses, broader availability to veteran spouses of all past conflicts.
I would revamp the Civil Rights Act to include protection against discrimination against the jobless and sexual orientation. Further, restore the rights of non-violent felons to access public housing upon successful treatment and serving their sentences. This is an silent homeless epidemic in our state and throughout the country.
I support single payer health care. Montana's retirees cannot afford health care for the long term, it is becoming too costly.
I would mandate loss payments and tax breaks to farmers/ranchers for losses as the result of wolf depredation. Tax breaks for contributions toward ridding state elk/bison and other wildlife of brucellosis.
I support increasing domestic spending on infrastructure improvement of dams, roads, bridges, and phasing out the horrendously expensive wars. America needs to invest in its own prosperity, from the family farm to infrastructure, to high speed rail.
- I would end CRP and make that acreage productive producing bio-fuel materials, prioritizing the family farm as the originator of bio-fuel materials.
- waste to energy technology and an extensive recyclables industry.
- mandate federal law that mandated lifecycle planning of every form of energy, the crisis in Japan shows how badly this kind of guidance is needed.
- revamp the EPA/Dept. of Energy to jointly assist businesses toward this objective in a pro-active manner.
- streamline regulations,
- fast-track renewable projects (including wind turbine siting).
- Target LIEAP and all HUD housing, low-income households for solar systems.
I support the effort by Common Cause to seek the impeachment of Supreme Court Justices Thomas and Scalia. I would support impeachment proceedings in the U.S. House, and a subsequent trial in the U.S. Senate regarding their failure to disclose conflicts of interest before issuing the disastrous Citizens United ruling. This ruling has undermined and usurped the democratic process of our elections.
I would further introduce legislation that would deny corporate personhood, and push for extensive campaign finance reform.
I support automatic death penalty and/or life sentences of abortion clinic terrorizers, and to invoke any and all laws against domestic terrorism targeting women's reproductive health.